You know, I'm kind of tired of posting about diet and weight loss. Who wants to read that anyway? After the triathamom I'm going to let it go for awhile.
Monday: Started the day out with setting up irrigation and then an awesome bike ride. Except the bike ride ended prematurely in an incredible wipe out because I was going 30 or 40 miles an hour when I saw a car coming across the next cross street and I hit my breaks hard and flew off my bike. I'm scraped up pretty bad, but my helmet saved my life, my left arm turned out to be just jammed, not broken, and my angel friend Jennifer Bowler came over and cleaned my house while I was sleeping and out at the doctor's for the x-ray. Her husband Brian and my sister-in-law Lisa and and her husband Alex were also wonderful helpful angels for me that day. I felt so loved and supported and taken care of. I wished I had John there, but they all filled in nicely.
Tuesday: Lisa went into labor! I was busy all day tracking down a baby scale, picking out sling fabric, entertaining her children, etc. A healthy baby girl was born that afternoon and they called about an hour afterwards to have me and the kids come down and weigh the baby. I stayed to help clean up and care for Lisa. I was able to mostly forget about my own injuries, which improved the range of motion on my left arm. Also, Alex gave me a much needed adjustment before I went home!
Wednesday: Checked on Lisa and then traveled to Green River to trade Cyndi for Ben with my sister Laura. On our way back through Grand Junction we spent forever at the fabric store but made up for it with pizza at the park with the kids. After playing with some "public school" kids at the park Adri thanked me for home schooling her! Apparently they had some less than desirable attitudes and habits that really turned her off. Underage dating, name calling,cheating, that kind of thing.
Thursday: Feeling much better and healing well! Had the cousins over to play in the afternoon. We made cookies and watched Narnia. In the evening I read to my children from one of the books I inherited from my Great Grandmother Viola and then we went on a walk with the double jogging stroller and Adri and Ben rode their bikes. I INSISTED on helmets. Ben put up a fuss but eventually gave in so he could bring his bike. They had a blast! I got a good walk in. My hip is healing pretty well so walking doesn't hurt anymore. I think I"ll be back on a bike next week for sure. The arms get better every day. I should be able to lead the music on Sunday with both arms even.
Monday: Started the day out with setting up irrigation and then an awesome bike ride. Except the bike ride ended prematurely in an incredible wipe out because I was going 30 or 40 miles an hour when I saw a car coming across the next cross street and I hit my breaks hard and flew off my bike. I'm scraped up pretty bad, but my helmet saved my life, my left arm turned out to be just jammed, not broken, and my angel friend Jennifer Bowler came over and cleaned my house while I was sleeping and out at the doctor's for the x-ray. Her husband Brian and my sister-in-law Lisa and and her husband Alex were also wonderful helpful angels for me that day. I felt so loved and supported and taken care of. I wished I had John there, but they all filled in nicely.
Tuesday: Lisa went into labor! I was busy all day tracking down a baby scale, picking out sling fabric, entertaining her children, etc. A healthy baby girl was born that afternoon and they called about an hour afterwards to have me and the kids come down and weigh the baby. I stayed to help clean up and care for Lisa. I was able to mostly forget about my own injuries, which improved the range of motion on my left arm. Also, Alex gave me a much needed adjustment before I went home!
Wednesday: Checked on Lisa and then traveled to Green River to trade Cyndi for Ben with my sister Laura. On our way back through Grand Junction we spent forever at the fabric store but made up for it with pizza at the park with the kids. After playing with some "public school" kids at the park Adri thanked me for home schooling her! Apparently they had some less than desirable attitudes and habits that really turned her off. Underage dating, name calling,cheating, that kind of thing.
Thursday: Feeling much better and healing well! Had the cousins over to play in the afternoon. We made cookies and watched Narnia. In the evening I read to my children from one of the books I inherited from my Great Grandmother Viola and then we went on a walk with the double jogging stroller and Adri and Ben rode their bikes. I INSISTED on helmets. Ben put up a fuss but eventually gave in so he could bring his bike. They had a blast! I got a good walk in. My hip is healing pretty well so walking doesn't hurt anymore. I think I"ll be back on a bike next week for sure. The arms get better every day. I should be able to lead the music on Sunday with both arms even.
No comments:
Post a Comment