You know, there's not always a connection between what I do to shrink fat and what works, but this morning I weighed in 8 pounds lighter than Sunday morning. I'm sure some of that must have been bloat, as I loaded up on yummy fat and sugar for two days before Sunday and achieved an all new high weight. Now I'm back down to a little below my monthly average for the last two months. It is very encouraging. So I continue on today! I'm going to go on a bike ride this morning. I woke up achy and stiff and if I'm going to be in pain, there had better be a good reason for it, like a torturous bike ride! :)
On a different, more important note.........I've been reading this shepherdess parenting stuff, as it goes along with the direction I've been feeling led to lately. I went through a lot of angst in my attempt to relinquish control of my children yesterday. It was one hell of a roller coaster day and I struggled, but in the end I learned that RELATIONSHIPS ARE EVERYTHING. When the connected well with individual children, they were happy to do anything I asked, even when it was inconvenient for them. It like my relationships with adults. But I had to be OK with the answer no. So today my focus is on relationships. Connecting with my kids. Helping our relationships to heal and strengthen. That is the kind of home I have always wanted. They really are good kids.
On a different, more important note.........I've been reading this shepherdess parenting stuff, as it goes along with the direction I've been feeling led to lately. I went through a lot of angst in my attempt to relinquish control of my children yesterday. It was one hell of a roller coaster day and I struggled, but in the end I learned that RELATIONSHIPS ARE EVERYTHING. When the connected well with individual children, they were happy to do anything I asked, even when it was inconvenient for them. It like my relationships with adults. But I had to be OK with the answer no. So today my focus is on relationships. Connecting with my kids. Helping our relationships to heal and strengthen. That is the kind of home I have always wanted. They really are good kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment