Monday, February 27, 2012

One Week Success!

So I made it one week and I accomplished a few different things. First, I stuck with my diet and actually met all my required goals except for one day. That day just didn't have any sweets for a reward. Second, I did all my triathamom training just fine. I'm all ready seeing improvement in my swimming and my legs are sore from biking and walking/running. Third, I have a little self respect back. I have successfully resisted temptation.

 I haven't lost any weight, but I  haven't been really reducing calories yet. In fact, I'm cutting down to two meals a day now because eating that much food has been a real strain. I'm not even hungry until 11 AM because in the morning I drink a ton of water with fresh lemon and black strap mollassas along with supplements and a tablespoon of good oils (flax, olive, cod liver). So just two meals a day from now on. The point for me here really is a lifestyle change in what I eat and how I eat and why I eat. Two falls ago I was very successful going on a strict diet and losing weight, but it was all or nothing. Now I want to really create lasting change. So I eat well all day, and eat "sweets" in the evening and instead of feeling like I've ruined my diet and there's no point in going on, I feel like it's OK because I am sticking with what I decided to do. The feeling of self discipline is still there, separate from the food.

So here are the changes I'm making for this week ( I started them yesterday on Sunday)
1. Two meals a day = 4 servings protein + 4 servings vegetables
2. Only one serving of cultured veggies a day
3. Any sweets need to fit in one of my small child's bowls. No more than that!

Otherwise, the plan is the same. Yesterday I gave a talk in church on Humility that I would like to share here. I'll do my best to post it here for anyone who would like to read it. It was very well received and I am glad that I said what I did.

Today we have our first Super Monday. We are heading to Delta to go swimming, then to Grand Junction for Irish Dance and Gymnastics. Ben is opting out and going to his cousins while we are gone but the little ones get dragged along with me. They seem to prefer coming along to being left behind anyway.

No comments: