Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Frustrations

I've reached the limits of my know how on blogger. I can't alter formatting to post my talk without it looking like a giant run on paragraph. I don't know how to post it as just a pdf. I've finally settled for posting it on facebook, so if you are interested go check it out at: http://www.facebook.com/annagilchrist.gilmore

Yesterday we geared up for our super monday but things didn't quite work the way we planned. The daycare at the rec center is apparently closed during the time I was planning to regularly go down and exercise. Adri stayed in the lobby with the babies and played Wii sports while Cyndi and I got in the pool. All the lap lanes were closed for use by staff for swimming lessons so I had to swim through the deep end, which terrifies me. I did it anyway! But after 10 minutes my ears were hurting pretty bad and I realized I hadn't put my ear plugs in. I got out to put them in only to discover that they were missing! So I didn't reach my goal of swimming for 30 minutes. I did talk to a guard and find out that to complete the race I only need to go 15 times across the pool, which is totally doable. Then our Irish dance teacher called and cancelled lessons because she is sick. That gave us time to breathe and get the shopping done we needed to do. We finally ended up buying leotards at the gymnastics complex and paying full price too. They are very nice.......... So we hadn't quite finished that purchase when we were informed that the girls weren't actually signed up because I messed it up when I signed them up online. We were trying to decide WHAT to do when someone called in and cancelled and let another spot open so that we were doing gymnastics after all! What an emotional rollercoaster! The girls went out and did an awesome job for their first day. I was so proud of them! They LOVED it and can't wait for their next lesson.

This morning we woke up to 3 inches of snow with more coming down. CRAZINESS! Yesterday I was thinking we surely must be done with any chance of snow the rest of this year. I guess you just never know. I intend to go out and take pictures to post. It's a beautiful winter wonderland with snow clinging to the trees. Today we are home ALL day. This week I guess I'll do dance practice for my daily exercise instead of biking or walking. My jogging stroller is covered in snow along with my bike. I love the excuse to practice anyway. Irish dance is starting to get fun now we know a few steps. I bought Cyndi a pair of tap shoes yesterday and it has re-ignited her excitement to be able to really do the "hard shoe" work.

John thinks I should post every day what I ate. Yesterday I had a lot of my lemonade with mollassas for breakfast, then baked cod with greek seasoning and broccoli. On the way to Grand Junction I had lettuce sandwiches with ham, lettuce and miracle whip. On the way home, since I had met my daily requirements I indulged in ham sandwiches with bread, bread and grape jelly, a sip of Diana's capri sun, and a few tiny leftover cookies from Adri's experiment the day before. Today I have had more mollassas lemonade for breakfast, hamburger and green beans with onions and Italian seasoning, and that's it.

I love not eating in the morning. It's such a time saver and I'm really not hungry. The lemon juice in the lemonade stabilizes my blood sugar and I take my supplements freely. Congratulations to my Mother and my sister-in-law Daena for joining me for the triathamom! I think I have Karla Hendrix on board and possibly my sister Sara as well! It'll be great to have some sweat sisters and keep them in mind as I am working out and training, even if I can't see them.

On with the day!

No comments: