It's very cold and very snow packed around here. We should've been snowed in yesterday but I insisted we had to get out so John spent an 1 1/2 getting us out of the driveway. He is such an awesome driver. As much as I dislike the snow now, I kept telling myself that the snow is very pretty on the trees. Really it is. It reminds me of visiting my Grandparents in McCall Idaho. Thank goodness we don't actually get THAT much snow. Just enough for nostalgia and inconvenience. We need to get the tractor running again so we can plow the very long driveway. I don't think the driveway COULD be any longer if the house had been placed anywhere else on this property. I'm having fantasies now about paving it. I wonder when we would have enough money that we weren't pouring into more important projects so that we could do that? I guess it will just be a really long time coming. In the meantime, I'm grateful for 4 wheel drive on one of our cars so it can tow the rest of them out. Snowy roads are the justification for gas guzzling suv's.
I'm struggling to make Christmas happen for my kids right now. I decided to get them each just one present. Now the problem I'm having is how expensive the "one present" is for each of them. I refuse to go into debt for Christmas.
John is considering cutting us a Christmas tree from off the mountain. If he doesn't do it by Friday night I'll put up a fake one instead. But I think it would be WAY cool to have one that he cut for us and suffered for....... The kids would like that too.
Diana has gotten so chunky and cute, but her cousin is rapidly closing in on her in size. He'll over take her by the New Year I think. I can't wait to see my sister and nephew again. It's great having babies at the same time. It's also nice to have sisters I can talk to now that they're all growed up. And I'm so proud of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment