Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Diving in Again

I woke up so stiff and achy!  More so than usual from a day with exercise.  I did go on a good bike ride yesterday morning.  And I did go swimming last night.  Then I remembered- I was out digging an irrigation ditch and hauling huge clumps of sod out of it, etc.  Wow.  No wonder I'm in pain!  That kind of work feels so good when I'm doing it!  I love working on my land.  Now if I could just get that ditch to do something useful like water the lower portion of the pasture.  I'm not sure how to do that, but I'm going to figure it out.  Hopefully today, before the water all goes away. 

I have been pretty awful lately about sticking with any sort of diet rules.  I mean, we're talking regular outings to Sonic and too much ice cream in my life!  So I'm not really surprised that my weight is starting to head UP instead of DOWN.  Every morning I start out ready to eat healthy and every lunch I just eat whats available easily instead.  I have failed to plan, so this morning I am planning out the food.  I still like my idea of eating meat during exercise recovery and grain the rest of the time.  The part I need to be certain is going on though, is to be eating 80% vegetables WITH my cultured veggies for probiotics!  That's where the nutrition really comes in.  Meat and grain are side issues.  The focus should be on the vegetables.  And as long as I'm doing all that, I may as well take some homeopathic HCG and keep my calorie count low. 

I think the hardest part of all this is actually the emotional attachment to fullness that for me, comes from a degree of gluttony.  When I am in emotional pain I can actually numb the pain with over-eating.  So when I'm feeling good, calorie restriction isn't as challenging.  I enjoy being anxiously engaged in life and mild hunger is easily suppressed.  I feel healthier and happier when I am not always full.  But, I just went through 3 weeks of depression and emotional instability and the last thing I was doing was calorie restriction.  We were just lucky I was still putting food on the table on a mostly regular basis.  So here we go again.  I am home.  I have control over my food options.  I have money to buy food.  And I can make time to plan it out.

I'll be reporting here.  And I'll post recipes on my new blog.  PaleoVeganFusion.  It's definitely time to buy a camera so I can load pictures again.  Recipes should always have pictures.  Unless the picture is really bad.  I understand food photography is an art in and of itself. :)

No comments: