All right, so I told a few of you who read this about my decision to go on the HCG diet this week. I know that you don't all approve, but I'm doing it anyway. If I'm going to do a bunch of calorie restriction I want to maximize my results and I feel that my prior efforts inefficacy indicates some problems with my metabolism.
So Yesterday was my first day of calorie restriction, my third day of HCG, and this morning my weight hit an time new low including lower measurements than ever before! I don't look any different yet, but that's the kind of progress I've needed to see for awhile. I have a menu plan that is really kind of nice because I always know what to eat. It follows the paleo guidelines I all ready use generally. Last night I got to eat ground beef and spinach and it was divine! I also went a long time without food yesterday because I got stuck in traffic and at appointments in Montrose and Delta and it took FOREVER to get to the store so I could buy my allotted berries and get a drink and take my afternoon supplements. Today I'm giong to Junction but I'm bringing my food with me so I don't get caught out and have to go out to eat and break my diet.
Looks like John is going to be working next week when I leave for Utah. He may be gone for a whole month. There's also a chance he may not leave at all. He told me last night about an opportunity for electricians in Afghanistan. Last year's electricians had an almost 1 in 2 casualty rate (13 out of 30 died). The nearly $300,000 a year is NOT WORTH IT. It was mind boggling to even consider considering such a thing! YUCK! Maybe if we felt all patriotic and supportive of the wars our country is in it would be more palatable. The money is just not a good enough reason to go over there.
I love my family. I really hope we can get this house cleaned up to a state I'm satisfied with today or tomorrow morning at the latest! There is so much to do and I'm going to be gone the first half of today. I need it looking half decent for when we hold singing camp at my place right after I get back from Utah. I will have even more stress and less time at that point!
Thank goodness I have my sister-in-law Lisa to help me with putting this camp together. Alone, we couldn't do it, but together we keep each other on track and accountable and the preparations are coming along.
No comments:
Post a Comment