Well, Cynthia got it again today. I took her to the chiropractor for an adjustment and then we went to Grandma's house to finish doing my taxes. Cynthia asked me to come push her on the swing and when we got out there the swings were a little dirty. We cleaned them off and then all of sudden discovered a hornet's next inside a swing. Cynthia was stung on one finger and right on the tip of her nose! I was so worried she would swell up and not be able to breathe. We got some children's benadryl into her and then she fell asleep and has been fine since. No more swelling. She got stung on the same hand as her rattlesnake bite. Such trauma!
Tonight we are watching "My Side of the Mountain" for family home evening. I've never seen the movie but the book made a huge impact on me when I was a girl. It's interesting to see the movie and hear him constantly quoting Thoreau because I just began reading Walden. It's a lot to ponder to be sure.
I'm a bit too tired to think anymore tonight. Time for bed.........
3 comments:
Isn't it funny how you get one who always gets into trouble like that and the others seem to avoid it. Tell me if you notice a difference with your green smoothies.
Poor Cynthia...good thing she is resilient! I LOVE Jean Craighead George. Have you read the Julie of the Wolves books? (There are 3 of them). I just re-read them a few weeks ago. I love every book I've read of hers.
She makes it exciting to be independent and responsible and set up house in the middle of no-where. Plus also, you learn how to communicate with animals. (=
This post is almost two months old!!!
But I still check it all the time for updates...
I hope everything is going well...
I'm home this week--call me!
Post a Comment