Sunday, May 11, 2008

I need your help please

I am doing a 7 week program to participate in the isagenix isabody challenge (http://isabodychallenge.isagenix.com) complete with before and after pictures and an essay.

I have been doing this program by myself for 2 weeks now. It's time for me to recruit help. In my first 10 days I lost 6 pounds and 16 inches. It was awesome! But this past week I have cheated on my diet and not exercised as much and I need more support to help me keep going. I want to know that people are cheering for me and counting on me to accomplish what I've set out to accomplish.

I have never been fit before in my entire life. My youngest brother just took second place in a 26 mile marathon and I have never run a mile. I always walked them when they were required at school. He inspires me. If he can do it maybe I can too. I have never done decent pushups or situps or pullups. I have always considered myself weak and fairly pathetic physically. Not having an active lifestyle while growing up, it was easy to gain weight as a stay at home mom. A couple years ago I decided to change that. I started walking and biking with my kids all over town. I took up belly dance for awhile, karate and yoga for a lot longer. I started running a little bit but I usually tired after just a block or two. I never lost any weight from all that activity.

My new years resolution for 2008 was to get fit with my bestfriend and shed the extra 30 pounds I've been carrying around. From January to April (4 monthes) I started exercising with exercise videos and walking. My diet, however, was a mess. I was under a tremendous amount of pressure much of that time and it was all I could do to make myself exercise. I only lost 2 pounds the entire time!!!!!! Finally, in frustration and determination to succeed in spite of past failure, I turned to Isagenix to provide the diet aspect of transforming my body and my life. I have been changing the way I think and speak and walk and talk. Just standing up straight and tall started getting me comments about looking thinner. When I added my first 9 day cleanse the magic became real. I had the proof before my eyes in the form of a measuring tape that said I had lost 16 + inches! I even shed a little off my neck!

That was all very reinforcing, but it is time for time for me to ask for help. So this is what I'm going to do. I'm going to post more often on my blog and I'm going to email the people in my life who I think might care enough to support me and ask them to check in every week or every few days and read about how I'm doing. If you are one of those people, please stop by and leave a comment with some words of encouragement. One of the biggest reasons I am moving forward with this change in my life is because I believe that being fit will free me to be of greater service to the people I love. I also hope that WHEN I succeed (not if) I will inspire other people who desire a similar change to take that big step and allow themselves to hope that maybe it really it is possible.

Today is my evaluation day and the following are my resolutions for improving my transformation program for this week:


Tonight I will send an invitation email to my friends and family soliciting their support in my behalf.

Tonight I'm going to create and print out a new chart that reflects the past two weeks of progress and shows me the remaining 5 weeks to go before I have to turn in an essay and picture for the isabody challenge at isagenix. I was planning on doing the body for life challenge concurrently, but I think I will wait until the 5 weeks and then begin my body for life challenge.

Tomorrow is a cleanse day so I won't be eating regular food. Tomorrow I am going to plan out my meals and snacks for the next week with more variety and nutrition and accessibility. I want healthy, small portioned snacks accessible in my fridge, purse and car at ALL times. I also need to keep water bottles around to make sure I always have enough to drink. So often I'm actually thirsty, not hungry.

I am comitting to eat more chocolate. I have these wonderful "isadelite" chocolates that taste good and provide my amino acids and vitamins and minerals. I should be eating at least one a day to keep me from feeling deprived and keep my blood sugar up during the part of the day when I tend to cave in to random food.

This week I will drink more water and eat healthier food in smaller portions. I will exercise daily no matter what.

This week I'm also planting a large organic garden and finishing the purge process on my basement.

Did I mention that tomorrow is John's and my 8th wedding anniversary? I think that's so awesome! Eight whole years married!!!!!! We have had some amazing experiences together. I feel compelled to succeed for his sake as well. I love my husband and my children so much. It's been a wonderful mothers' day. I know that my job is the most important in the world. I get to be part of God's work every single day by being a mother to his children.

Anna

5 comments:

Camara Lane said...

Anna, you're an inspiration. I'm continually impressed with how you are always motivated to keep changing for the better. I'll check in for you to make sure you're trying to keep your goals. It always helps to have someone holding you accountable. I know I need that!
-Camhi

Jen said...

I forgot that tomorrow is your anniversary! Wow--8 years!!! Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad we got to talk today (=

It's so great that your Isogenix program is working for you. Keep up the good work!

Here's my thought for the day: on days that I feel less inspired and motivated, I try to remind myself that the me of just a few days earlier was very inspired and motivated--and that woman would really like to see me make good choices despite how I down I might feel on a given day.

It's tricky...but it often works (=

Have a GREAT EIGHT-year celebration!

love,
Jennie

Unknown said...

Anna, my goal was to lose thirty lbs too. The first month I lost the most. Then I went a month without losing anything. Sometimes I lost more inches than lbs, sometimes the other way around. The weight loss was slower the more I got closer to my goal. Don't let any of that discourage you.

I think your goals and plans are great and that you will make it as long as you continue on the path you're on. I have been watching your progress and I apologize for not commenting.

What you found with exercising before is what I've found as well. You will notice the most progress in your calorie intake, or your diet.

But exercise will help you feel stronger and give its own motivation. For me, I felt thinner and stronger after just one session, whatever it was. I also felt more like eating good foods rather than junk. The other good thing about exercise is targeting areas that bother you.

You're a very determined and capable person. I look forward to tracking your progress.

Anonymous said...

Go girl- you can do it! For me, the price of organics is worth it because they provide the nutrients my body would crave from another insidious source. I am also in love with my rice cooker- which is fast and easy. A bag of brown rice is relatively inexpensive and keeps my blood sugar stable.
You are awesome, I know you can do this, in fact we are checking in to make sure you do! Yeah, Anna!
Kristine

Shaylen said...

Hi Anna! First off,
Happy anniversary!!
I really enjoyed reading your blog, thanks for sharing. And keep up all the hard work, you are really looking great! I know how good it feels, (and how hard it is) to make life changes like your doing. So let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you out!
I am really grateful to know you. your constant striving to be better helps me out a lot! So keep being who you are! - Shay
P.S. let me know if you do start running again, I would love to have a running partner.