Saturday, May 19, 2007

Success!

Yeah! We are now officially certified as a "foster to adopt" home! My house has been thoroughly purged and cleaned and organized. It feels so good have a clean and orderly home. Now I just have to maintain that state! We certified on Thursday, May 17th and I put in our first official inquiry for the children we've been looking at on Friday, May 18th. I should hear back in a week or so. It may be these children will not be a good match for our family and we for them. I'm excited to learn more so we can make a decision. I feel like we got married and now we can have kids! It's so exciting to be at this stage of the process. I love my husband John so much. He worked so hard to make this happen. It's the most awesome feeling to work together towards a common goal. It's the only marriage advice we remember because it works so well. It was John's Grandpa Richmond who said it. "Work Together." And it makes all the difference in the world.

Anna

3 comments:

Arual said...

I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to meet whatever new nieces/nephews you bring into the family, temporarily or permanent. I'm planning to go up to Washington for a big birthday celebration this July, but the idea of visiting you is also very, very enticing. We'll see what happens in the next few days.

Anna said...

Laura,

Mom is coming to see us at the end of June. I'm going to a seminar on the 29th and 30th and she's coming to watch the children and then stay a couple days till she flies back. The tickets were really cheap, so she's flying. We would love to have you join here! I don't think there will be any new children in our home that soon though!

Anna

Arual said...

Unfortunately, my job only allows me five vacation days total. I dont' know if I'll be able to make it if I'm going to Washington. :(