Monday, May 21, 2012

Doing Well

This time my absence from online is due to being busy doing things right.  I've been staying on my eating plan pretty well, except I need to eat more cultured veggies and green drink.  I just keep forgetting.  I've been distracted with changing my family's diet.  I've been exercising very consistently for two weeks.  It's been hard, but worth it.  I especially love it when my husband joins me. 

Today I get go walk my 5k while getting our irrigation water going.  I am so excited to finally have water for my land.  It's been a hot, dry spring! 
Tomorrow will be my day to bike ride and Wednesday I'll go swimming.  Biking is my weakest area.  I'm getting better and building muscle and endurance, but it is not easy!  I'm trying to get so much better at going uphill.  Otherwise I can't really get my 12 miles in.  It helps that I have a GREAT bike that my brother and my Dad built for me. 

I did a "lifeline" session with my sister-in-law to work through the emotional issues keeping me plateaued.  There was a lot there, and after the session I immediately started making progress again.  I'm looking forward to another 5 pounds lost by the end of this month hopefully.  I'd like to be down to 140 by my birthday in June.  The rate I am exercising and the way I am eating it shouldn't be a problem. 

One of the things I've learned from my plateau is to be making healthy choices because they it takes care of my body, not just for weight loss.  Also, as I gain muscle weight loss my slow down but with inches coming off I'm still making progress.  And best of all, I needn't be afraid of losing too much weight, my body is perfectly capable of plateauing.  I'd just like it to do that when I get to an ideal weight like 135.  Well, I'm off to exercise!

No comments: